Addiction recovery Ireland

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

welcome to the Addiction recovery Ireland forums

+3
deaf joe
Dave
Tom O Brien
7 posters

Methadone suppresses your political brain!

Tom O Brien
    Tom O Brien
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 11

Methadone suppresses your political brain! Empty Methadone suppresses your political brain!

Post by Tom O Brien Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:19 pm

Do you think that the Government want to keep people on methadone? According to a study I read Evil or Very Mad methadone works to sedate the political part of our brains, so that we don't vote! I can't believe it, but what do you think?
    Dave
    Dave
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 9

Methadone suppresses your political brain! Empty Re: Methadone suppresses your political brain!

Post by Dave Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:27 am

Seems a bit far fetched to be honest, but if the government are making money from methadone then I'd bet they want to keep people on it
    deaf joe
    deaf joe

Rep : 3

Methadone suppresses your political brain! Empty Re: Methadone suppresses your political brain!

Post by deaf joe Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:05 am

I know a lot of people on methadone, who would love to come off it. Half of Finglas are on methadone unofficially. Well at least they went out to vote for Dessie! People should be allowed to enjoy their drug of choice without being made to feel guilty!
    Dave
    Dave
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Dave Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:19 am

deaf joe wrote:People should be allowed to enjoy their drug of choice without being made to feel guilty!

I agree with ya in a way man, if your an adult then what ya do is your choice.

If that's the choice someone makes then whatever.

That doesn't make someone who made different decisions any smarter...

But there is no denying that drugs are terrible and have ruined alot of lives
    ainekav
    ainekav

Rep : 1

Post by ainekav Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:59 pm

deaf joe wrote:I know a lot of people on methadone, who would love to come off it. Half of Finglas are on methadone unofficially. Well at least they went out to vote for Dessie! People should be allowed to enjoy their drug of choice without being made to feel guilty!

That's a bit of a flippant statement to make.......

Yeah people should, as long as it's not going to ruin their lives and ruin their loved ones lives.

deaf joe
    deaf joe

Post by deaf joe Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:10 am

ainekav wrote:
    deaf joe wrote:I know a lot of people on methadone, who would love to come off it. Half of Finglas are on methadone unofficially. Well at least they went out to vote for Dessie! People should be allowed to enjoy their drug of choice without being made to feel guilty!

Yeah people should, as long as it's not going to ruin their lives and ruin their loved ones lives.

Flippant, what does that mean? Are you trying to say I am thick or something? Maybe your the flippant girl, cause you can't accept the truth. Where are you from? Foxrock I would say Mad
    Dave
    Dave
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Dave Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:15 am

deaf joe wrote:
    ainekav wrote:

Flippant, what does that mean? Are you trying to say I am thick or something? Maybe your the flippant girl, cause you can't accept the truth. Where are you from? Foxrock I would say Mad

if you read her profile it says north Dublin city
    Methadone suppresses your political brain! Troll-face
    abbieruby
    abbieruby

Post by abbieruby Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:13 am

No i'd say it's a load of bollix! the addicts are just that stoned they dont care about politics. scratch xx
    deaf joe
    deaf joe

Post by deaf joe Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:31 am

Dave wrote:
    deaf joe wrote:
    ainekav wrote:

if you read her profile it says north Dublin city
    Methadone suppresses your political brain! Troll-face

yea sounds like clontarff!!!

Methadone suppresses your political brain! Idiot-picture
    Cleanfreak
    Cleanfreak

Rep : 1

Post by Cleanfreak Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:33 pm

Half of Finglas?????
    What about everywhere else?? If the doctors were'nt giving prescriptions out to people selling their phy people would'nt be unofficially on it now would they. If you really want to come off methadone you will. There are places to go for help, fair enough there may be a waiting list for most of them but if your determined it will happen for you. Or theres always Victory Outreach!!!

I voted for Dessie and I hope he makes a change.
    As for your drug of choice and feeling guilty about it??? Thats down to the individual and most drugs take you down in the end one way or another. Sad
    darrene51

Rep : 0

Methadone suppresses your political brain! Empty tom do u realy believe that.????? next we will b hearing that the CIA are selling zimos 2 over throw goverments,,haha.! wat aload of tripe..!!!

Post by darrene51 Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:07 am

tom do u realy believe that..?????? next we will be hearing that the CIA are selling zimos 2 overthrow the goverment..haha wat aload of tripe..!!
    Tom O Brien
    Tom O Brien
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Tom O Brien Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:35 am

darrene51 wrote: tom do u realy believe that..?????? next we will be hearing that the CIA are selling zimos 2 overthrow the goverment..haha wat aload of tripe..!!

Well I was really just trying to get people to think about it Cool however, if you think about it, people on methadone are generally disconnected from politics... they don't challenge the government, and accept what they are given... I just wonder, does medication stop people from thinking critically about their use of power... thats what politics is - our use of power, individually and collectively....

But hey Darren I know your a thinking man and its good to see you here putting forward your thoughts...

Happy Christmas santa

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:31 pm