Addiction recovery Ireland

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

welcome to the Addiction recovery Ireland forums

+8
deaf joe
Dave
viviennestarworld
elaine.hayden
Momma Hen
Lucky Lucky
abbieruby
Tom O Brien
12 posters

Is methadone more addictive than heroin?

Poll

Is methadone more addictive than heroin?

[ 16 ]
    Is methadone more addictive than heroin? Bar_left100%Is methadone more addictive than heroin? Bar_right [100%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Is methadone more addictive than heroin? Bar_left0%Is methadone more addictive than heroin? Bar_right [0%] 

Total Votes: 16
    Poll closed
    Tom O Brien
    Tom O Brien
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 11

Is methadone more addictive than heroin? Empty Is methadone more addictive than heroin?

Post by Tom O Brien Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:21 am

Is methadone more addictive that heroin?

What do you think?
    abbieruby
    abbieruby

Is methadone more addictive than heroin? Empty Re: Is methadone more addictive than heroin?

Post by abbieruby Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:29 pm

i think it is just as addicted if not more No
    People that go on 2 phy always end up on it for years Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by abbieruby on Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:34 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Lucky Lucky
    Lucky Lucky

Rep : 1

Is methadone more addictive than heroin? Empty Re: Is methadone more addictive than heroin?

Post by Lucky Lucky Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:36 pm

i think it sould be only giving for a sort time not for life. Twisted Evil
    Momma Hen
    Momma Hen

Post by Momma Hen Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:16 pm

I THINK THAT THE DOCTERS AR HANDING METADONE TO KIDS OF ALL AGE Evil or Very Mad ALSO THEY AR NOT LOOKING PROPELY INTO THE PERSONS PASS IF THEY JUST NEED A QUICK DETOX. IF I HAD HAVE KNOWN WHAT I DO KNOW ABOUT METHADONE ID LIKE TO THINK ID HAVE TOOK ANOTHER ROAD BECOUSE I GOT VERY ADDICTED TO METHADONE MORE SO THAN I DID HEROIN, SO I THINK IT IS UP TO PERANTS TEACHERS AND ANYONE AR KIDS LOOK UP TO JUST TO LET THEM KNOW WHAT METHADONE REALY DOSE TO ARE BODYS!!! Sleep
    elaine.hayden
    elaine.hayden

Rep : 5

Post by elaine.hayden Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:16 pm

i think its more addictive than herion because you relie on it more, you dont pay for, it just there every day for you and doctor dont care about getting you of it and by the time your reddy to come it its in your body to long that you need it and the withdraws are worst than herion..
    viviennestarworld

Rep : 2

Post by viviennestarworld Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:09 am

yes i think there should be a 3 month detox and then thats it with methadone as most people start on methadone and are still end up on it 10 yrs later as it would be better to do a 3 month programme as they would not be addicted to the methadone if i had have known 10 yrs ago i would have still been on methadone i would not have touched it pale
    Tom O Brien
    Tom O Brien
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Tom O Brien Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:23 am

Some great ideas here! The more people that join the conversation the more power we will have to bring about changes to the system of treatment. We have the power to create a movement for change and for better services.

There is a need for more services like FAST and Sankalpa to support people to come off drugs and return to education.

Dave
    Dave
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 9

Post by Dave Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:25 am

The poll is a big eye opener not one person thinks it less addictive so far, if we get moer people on here, we could use these numbers to approach people to show them the system is failing..

deaf joe
    deaf joe

Rep : 3

Post by deaf joe Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:03 am

yea Dave... but 12 people saying something does not mean much, does it?
    dayo
    dayo

Rep : 7

Post by dayo Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:02 am

Yes its just as addictive as gear.IT WAS ONLY MENT TO BE A SHORT TERM ANSWER. But doctors seen how much they could make now their the drug dealers.hay deaf joe tell people that are on trolles in corridors medicine:bom:
    Dave
    Dave
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Dave Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:28 am

deaf joe wrote:yea Dave... but 12 people saying something does not mean much, does it?

It's better than none... It means something and hopefully in the future it will be 1200.

I don't like to jump the gun, but alittle determination and optimism can go a long way
    Cleanfreak
    Cleanfreak

Post by Cleanfreak Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:40 pm

Dave wrote:
    deaf joe wrote:yea Dave... but 12 people saying something does not mean much, does it?

It's better than none... It means something and hopefully in the future it will be 1200.

I don't like to jump the gun, but alittle determination and optimism can go a long way

Well 12 people is a start!!!
    Nobody told me how addictive methadone was going to be and how hard it would be on body and mind to come off it. I was put on methadone after giving a sample and having a small chat with a counsellor, at the time my family thought it was for the best but they didnt really know much about addiction or drugs. If Id known about any detox centres or treatment centres Id have taken that road after what I went through being on methadone and then coming off it.

I DONT THINK METHADONE HELPS THE SITUATION. MAYBE ITS A SHORT-TERM SOLUTION BUT WHEN IT WHEN IT RUNS INTO LONG-TERM IT DOES THE INDIVIDUAL NO GOOD. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
    Amo
    Amo

Post by Amo Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:01 pm

I think methadone is far more addictive than heroin, if you were to ask people which was harder to come off and everytime you'll hear people say "the methadone is so much harder", it takes a lot longer for the methadone to leave your system...
    Momma Hen
    Momma Hen

Post by Momma Hen Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:07 pm

hey deaf Joe were all only after starting on this forum but 12 people giving there advice on what they think about methadone is much better than nobody and as i sed if i had of heard about methadone years ago maybe i wouldn't have went down the road i did. So if even one person gets something out of what the 12 of us has to say that's a start tongue tongue tongue
    Tom O Brien
    Tom O Brien
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Tom O Brien Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:42 am

Amo wrote:I think methadone is far more addictive than heroin, if you were to ask people which was harder to come off and everytime you'll hear people say "the methadone is so much harder", it takes a lot longer for the methadone to leave your system...

Good point Amo... I think the poll speaks for its self... 100% believe that methadone is more addictive than heroin... if more people vote we can publish the poll on the web site and get some public debate going on TV and Radio... we need support for rehabilitation services so that there is hope every drug user to recover! Yes everyone deserves a chance at recovery and the support to get them started on the journey...

lets start a recovery movement! bounce
    deaf joe
    deaf joe

Post by deaf joe Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:27 am

Dave wrote:

still only 16... out of how many are on methadone? 16,000? whats that 0.000001 % or less... come on yer not going to change the way methadone is treated Shocked
    Dave
    Dave
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Dave Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:26 am

deaf joe wrote:
    Dave wrote:

still only 16... out of how many are on methadone? 16,000? whats that 0.000001 % or less... come on yer not going to change the way methadone is treated Shocked

16 is still far better than zero and out of the 30 plus members of this site, not doing too bad.

i have no intention of changing how methadone is treated , i just stated it as a possibility, i moderate a website not a drug clinic.

tell me this, what exactly are you providing here other than someone stupid to talk about.

try saying or doing something constructive and not being so down on everything you seem unhappy

alec
    alec

Rep : 0

Post by alec Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:40 pm

i tink that people like myself who's on methadone need to detox 1ml a mweek or 5ml a month,cause i have came of it 2 times cold turkey and it didnt work
    Dave
    Dave
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Dave Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:20 pm

alec wrote:i tink that people like myself who's on methadone need to detox 1ml a mweek or 5ml a month,cause i have came of it 2 times cold turkey and it didnt work

That seems to be a good approach to it, fair play Alec.

deaf joe
    deaf joe

Post by deaf joe Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:36 am

cold turkey... who ever came up with that phrase?

Is methadone more addictive than heroin? Cold-turkey
    Dave
    Dave
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Dave Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:50 am

deaf joe wrote:cold turkey... who ever came up with that phrase?

Is methadone more addictive than heroin? Cold-turkey

you may find some answers to that here..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_turkey

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:18 am